Nursing Home Supervisor
The Board of Elections employs Nursing Home Supervisors for all statewide primary and general elections. View our upcoming elections page for the next statewide election dates.
Under Rhode Island General Law 12-20-14, any mail ballot requested from residents of hospitals, convalescent homes, nursing homes, rest homes or similar institutions public or private within the State of Rhode Island must be administered by a
bi-partisan team of election officials from the Board of Elections. These teams are called Nursing Home Supervisors.
- Pick up ballots assigned to you;
- Make appointments with Activities Directors at in-state nursing homes;
- Deliver ballots to voters on an assigned day;
- Assist the voter with marking his/her ballot (including marking the ballot for the voter at his/her direction);
- Witness ballots and transport to the Board of Elections for tabulation;
- Must be at least 18-years-old;
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Must have a valid driver's license;
- Must have a registered and insured vehicle available for use while on-duty;
- Must have a cell phone available for official use while on-duty;
- Must be able to attend an approximately 1 hour training class before the election;
- Must be able to read and write the English language proficiently (Spanish proficiency may also be required in some locations).
- $100.00 total (which covers training, mileage, meals, and cell phone use)
Paid in a lump sum approximately 30 days after the election.
- Active state employees may not work as Nursing Home Supervisors;
- If you are receiving a retirement benefit from the Employees Retirement System of RI, your benefit may be offset by any compensation you receive for working as a Nursing Home Supervisor..
If you are interested in applying to work as a Nursing Home Supervisor, complete the application and submit it via:
Fax: (401) 222-3135 ATTN Jennifer Regan
Board of Elections
50 Branch Ave, Providence
ATTN: Jennifer Regan
Forms and Documents: